X 4.0 on potato - Now get Fatal error

Hi.
It seems that I've finally managed to get X 4.03 onto my Debian potato box (ie: all the links/files/directories appear to be present and correct); but configuration must still be wrong.

After the install was  completed I initially ran "xf86config" but have also tried "xf86cfg" and "X --configure" saving the output "XF86Config-4" separately and named slightly differently.
After examining each of the XF86Config-4 that were produced I can find little difference from one to the other, though I did have to correct each because the  mouse would not detect automatically and needed to be changed over to use "/dev/psaux" in place of "/dev/mouse".

I then progressively renamed one of the three output files to "XF86Config-4" and tried "startx"; and in all three cases had the same results. X simply won't start - it aborts and creates a log file.

As all my "XF86Config-4" were all the same I've chosen an arbitrary one to send along for list member to examine. I've also attached the log output from trying to startx with that config file.

Does anyone see anything out of whack? Is there anything obviously wrong with my config?
I've gone over the log and can't even tell where the process dies, all I can see is that there is a "signal 11" but I've not been able to find out why/where. I also tried to find a list of possible error messages/error states but can't seem to find any such listing anywhere in the man or on the web. The only parts that I know seem wrong somehow are the errors mentioning the font(s) paths; those are valid paths and do lead to the expected directories.

Thanks for lending me your brains,
Marc.