Re: nvidia-glx won't install

On 12 Jun 2001, Anthony Fox wrote:
> "Jonathan David Wheelhouse" <whsjnd@froggy.com.au> writes:
>
> > An apt-get update & dist-upgrade got the newer nvidia-kernel-src and
> > nvidia-glx-src packages(1.0.1251-1).  I ran the build scripts
> > (ie. make-kpkg modules-image & dpkg-buildpackage -us uc
> > respectively) but dpkg -i on the nvidia-glx deb gave a missing
> > xlibmesa-dev problem.
> >
> > Can somebody help (I want WindowMaker back!)?
>
> I am not sure about your specific problem, but I have always used
> Nvidia's makefiles rather than debian's package management to install
> glx and kernel modules.  Have you tried getting the nvidia-glx tarball
> and doing a `make install`?
>
> -Anthony.

My experience is similar. I couldn't get the deb stuff to work but the
virgin Nvidia tarballs worked perfectly.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - running Gnu/Debian Linux (Windows-free zone).
For electronic books (Homeomythology and The Assassins of Alamut), skeptical

Everyone prefers belief to the exercise of judgement.
                                              [Seneca]