Fw: Raid; mkraid /dev/md0

> > Frans> -edited the raidtab file ( I noticed there beeing a raid
> > Frans> directory so I copied it from it's original location in /etc)
>

> > The raidtab file needs to be in /etc. I have noticed the /etc/raid
> > directory as well, but AFAIK it is not used. (This could be considered
> > a bug in the package.)

 Hence the copy
 I thought that it maybe could be used for a mount-point but isn't it a bit
 silly to have it in etc?

 I've attached the original message if anyone can shine a light on this
thing
 that will not work. It's really the mkraid /dev/md0 part that won't work.

 Thanx anyway for the response. ( I'm digging, searching for my own mail).
 Frans

> > --
> > G. ``Iggy'' Geens - ICQ: #64109250
> > Home: <ggeens@iname.com> - Work: <ggeens@capgemini.be>
> > WWW: http://users.pandora.be/guy.geens/
> >   ``I was thinking about how everyone was dying
> >     and maybe it's time to live.''              - Eels
> >

> > --
> listmaster@lists.debian.org

Hai all

I've been wanting to play with raid.

Reading the software-raid-howto; I stranded on mkraid /dev/md0

That darn thing did not want to.

-apt-got raidtools2 & dpkg-i kernelpatch.......2.2.10......
-edited the raidtab file ( I noticed there beeing a raid directory so I
copied it from it's original location in /etc)
-edited fstab..............don't know if that was smart; but it didn't work.
-looked at /proc/mdstat: nothing active.....(personality was created).
-checked for /var/log/syslog. Gave with starting raiddevices that /dev/md0
was an invalid argument.
-fdisked both disks to "fd"
-system description:
hda1=boot