Re: X problem

On Sun, Jun 10, 2001 at 10:34:56PM -0300, Eduardo Gargiulo wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I have a problem with my X configuration.
> When I try to start the server from command line with
> startx, the X server don't work; when I try to start it
> with xdm, the server starts, I fill the username/password
> fields but the system don't say nothing and the login script
> starts again.
> Both cases, the log says something like "Failed SetVCLK".
>
> Do you know what is the problem?

I'm not the worlds greatest at X problems but a little more info might
help.  What steps have you taken to configure X?  What window manager
are you using?  As a regular user try running the following command -
$ startx > X.log 2>&1

This will create a file X.log which will contain the output of startx.
Post that information to the list.  Maybe I or someone else will be able
to sort things out.
kent

--
 From seeing and seeing the seeing has become so exhausted