Re: Am I an idiot? Gnumeric

On Sunday 10 June 2001 12:39 am, Christopher Wright wrote:
> I would like to use Gnumeric.  My computer runs Windows ME.  Is this
> possible, or would I have to have the Debian operating system?

Well... yes and no...

You can't run it natively in WinME. No way no how. You could install a copy
of linux on your hard drive though, and dual boot to it. Alternatively, you
can install one of those weird linux versions that runs within windows (look
at the "distributions" section of www.linux.org to find one) but I can't
vouch for any of these personally, never having run one.

If you do need a free spreadsheet program, staroffice does have a native
windows version, and it's got a lot of features. However, I highly recommend
linux and Debian, if you're willing to learn them. You'll find a lot more
cool stuff besides gnumeric!

- David Nusinow