Re: dhcp

>>>>> "Matt" == Matt Gerginski <mattgerg@zbzoom.net> writes:

Matt> Hi. I just did a fesh install of debian. On the documentation on
Matt> the site, it said that in the "Configure the Network" portion of
Matt> the installation, i would be asked whether to use dhcp or not.
Matt> This never happened.

Run the configuration again, and now say `Yes' when it asks you
`IP: kernel level autoconfiguration'.

However, this is not what you want. The kernel DHCP option is used for
special situations (e.g., when you're running a diskless client).
Since you have a working Debian system, it is unlikely you need this.

Use the standard kernel, and install a DHCP client. (Normally, pump
should already be installed.) Edit the file /etc/network/interfaces
and add the line:
iface eth0 inet dhcp

--
G. ``Iggy'' Geens - ICQ: #64109250