[SOLVED] Can't get Mozilla 0.9.1 to run -- Missing library?

* Me <r.a.jacobs@home.com> [090601 04:35]:
> Hey all,
>
>    Recently wiped my box and decided to do a "clean" reinstall now that I've
> had some experience with Debian (repartitioned, minimal install, upgrade to
> woody, etc.) and I'm still working out some kinks.
>
>   I'm trying to get the latest build of Mozilla (0.9.1) to run and I'm
> running into this error:
>

> #/usr/local/bin/mozilla0.9.1/mozilla# ./mozilla
>
> ./run-mozilla.sh ./mozilla-bin
> MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME=/usr/local/bin/mozilla0.9.1/mozilla
>   LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/bin/mozilla0.9.1/mozilla:/usr/local/bin/mozilla0.9.1/mozilla/plugins
>      LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/bin/mozilla0.9.1/mozilla:/usr/local/bin/mozilla0.9.1/mozilla/components
>        SHLIB_PATH=/usr/local/bin/mozilla0.9.1/mozilla
>           LIBPATH=/usr/local/bin/mozilla0.9.1/mozilla
>        ADDON_PATH=/usr/local/bin/mozilla0.9.1/mozilla
>       MOZ_PROGRAM=./mozilla-bin
>       MOZ_TOOLKIT=
>         moz_debug=0
>      moz_debugger=
> ./mozilla-bin: error while loading shared libraries: cannot open shared object file: cannot load shared object file: No such file or directory

Fixed the problem by doing two things:

1.  I did an "apt-get dist-upgrade" and managed to grab another few files off
    the debian site.  My system was current when I sent the message originally
    but sometime between then and now, an update was made that caused the
    error message to change in a small but VERY helpful way:

    "./mozilla-bin: error while loading shared libraries:
    libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2: cannot open shared object file: cannot load
    shared object file: No such file or directory"

    Note the inclusion of the name of the library file that was missing.
    Completely changes the way a person reads and interprets the error message.
    Had that been there originally, I might not have had to bother the list
    with my question.

    Thanks Maintainers!

2.  Based on the new error message I created a link in /usr/lib named
    libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2 that pointed to libstdc++-3-libc6.2-2-2.10.0.so
    using the following command:

    ln -s libstdc++-3-libc6.2-2-2.10.0.so libstdc++libc6.1-1.so.2

Mozilla 0.9.1 ran fine after that.

Thanks to Ethan Benson who did point out that the problem was not mozilla-bin
but rather had something to do with library files and ld.so (the library loader
) not being able to locate one and a special thanks to all the maintainers out
there who work so hard to keep Debian rocking along!

Hope this helps someone else.

robert.a.jacobs