Re: ripping quiet CDs

Ben Harvey wrote:

> On Sat, Jun 09, 2001 at 01:48:35AM -0500, Jason Pepas wrote:
> >
> > in short, it sounds like normalization is exactly what you want.
> >
> OK fair enough. so that means I can filter a .WAV through normalize before
> compression - with a little trial & error.
> any ripper recommendations?  abcde looks good (I like the name too ;) but
> it doesn't seem to allow me to add this sort of filter.
> do I lose much  quality if I mp3>wav>normalize>mp3 ?

  I like grip.

  not sure about abcde nut in grip you can set the wav filter, I guess
that's what you want. but even if it's not you can simply set-up the
ripper to be a shell script that does rip+normalize instead of just rip.
I guess you can do something similar in abcde...

  definitely don't go wav->mp3->wav->mp3 (there's no reason and you're
loosing quality)

	erik