Re: Best way to setup a Soundblaster Live card

>I would like to know what is the best (or easiest) way to setup a
>sblive card. I know there is alsa and the kernel drivers.

Maybe not the best way, but it worked fairly easy for me...

Download a recent kernel (2.2.18 or better for kernel driver support). Do a
"insmod sound; insmod emu10k1" as root. Then, manually put these drivers in
your /etc/modules to have sound at system startup or you can use "modconf"
if you'd rather not edit the file manually.

I could never get my gameport to work though...maybe alsa has support?!?

Scott