Re: bash: fork: Resource temporarily unavailable

> Hi,
>
> i seem to have a  problem with my Debian box.
>
> When i try to login to it using ssh it accepts
> the  login but then instead of the bash prompt
> i get the following erromsg:
>
> bash: fork: Resource temporarily unavailable
>
> This has never happened before and i didn't
> anything in the  configuration since my last remote login.
>
> What could be the problem?
>
> imre

I've seen this before, and it has got something to do with too many
processes running on the system, eating up the file descriptor table. We
had a system in the office that had 50-some instances of a process
running, and were getting this message (I believe). Please correct me if
I'm wrong.
Andrei

First there was Explorer...
Then came Expedition.