Re: Auctex has vanished!!

On Fri, Jun 08, 2001 at 06:30:48PM +0100, Glyn Millington wrote:

> Until this evening I had both Xemacs 21.1.10-5 and Emacs 20.7 on my
> machine, but removed the FSF emacs as I almost never use it.  So far so
> good.  But I find that auctex has vanished from the Xemacs menus!! Odd
> ;-)
>
> I've tried re-installing the packag which contains auctex (still sitting
> onmn the system so no big download) but still no joy.

Hi,

You can remove the auctex package again: 'apt-cache show auctex'
says:

   Currently XEmacs ships with its own AUC TeX, so this package
   should only be used with GNU/Emacs.  (I.e. you don't need to
   install this package if your site uses only XEmacs.)

> Can anyone suggest how to get xemacs and auctex to talk to each
> other again?

It's been a while since I moved from XEmacs to GNU Emacs, but the
following should do. In your .emacs file, put the expression:

	(require 'tex-site)

HTH,
Raghavendra.

--
N. Raghavendra                    | GnuPG signed/encrypted mail
raghu@mri.ernet.in                | welcome.  Key ID: 03618806.