Re: The easiest way to have XFree 4.0.x runing on Potato?

Steve Kieu <haiquy@yahoo.com> writes:
SK> I am not sure if this question has been asked , if
SK> someone know please direct me.

What do you really want?  In my case, my potato box has a video card
that's only supported under XF86 4.0, so I only really want the server
binary, so downloading a tarball from xfree86.org with the XFree86
server binary was easy enough, works perfectly well with the existing
potato X packages, and saves the trouble of a long and nasty compile.

SK> I think I could compile from source but will gnome apps and kde
SK> app run well after that upgrade?

X itself hasn't changed in ages; I'd be surprised if you had a
problem, given that those things work on your system currently.

	-- Abra Mitchell