Re: Subject: Re: filtering email via perl?

On Tue, Jun 05, 2001 at 10:25:26AM -0500, will trillich wrote:
> okay. procmail  and i are  getting a divorce. we  just don't
> see eye-to-eye any more.
>
> i've seen people  post actual perl code  here, which somehow
> filters their email.  is that "mailagent"? (i  don't want to
> give command-line  access to  you average  script-kiddie, so
> mailagent makes me nervous...)
>
> how can i use perl to break emails into various mailfolders?

if you use exim, read /usr/share/doc/exim/filter.txt.gz

an example:

    # debian-user
    if $message_headers contains debian-user@lists.debian.org then
        save /home/john/Mail/Linux/debian-user
        finish
    endif

I find this infinitely better than procmail.

--
John Lenton (john@grulic.org.ar) -- Random fortune:
A woman's best protection is a little money of her own.