Re: PDAs

* Carl Fink (carlf@panix.com) spake thusly:
> I'm going to buy a PDA within the next week or so.  After fairly
> extensive research it looks like I have to get a PalmOS device.  EPOC
> is seemingly dead in the water, Compaq isn't selling their devices
> without Windows on them, and Agenda VRs (bizarrely) can't sync with
> Linxu systems, according to PDA Buzz.
>
> So, anyone on this list have a "gotcha" warning for me?  I'm thinking
> of going to a computer show this weekend and buying a used Palm or
> Visor, if they have any.  I don't want to invest $400 only to find
> out I don't like PDAs.

Only one: $200 Palms have b/w display, AAA batteries and serial connector,
as opposed to colour display, built-in battery and serial+USB connector of
$400 models. The only thing that really matters IMO is expansion slot: you
can add more RAM etc. I don't think that's worth an extra $200. YMMV.

Dima
--
E-mail dmaziuk at bmrb dot wisc dot edu (@work) or at crosswinds dot net (@home)
http://www.bmrb.wisc.edu/descript/gpgkey.dmaziuk.ascii -- GnuPG 1.0.4 public key