Re: hdd time-out??!!

brw-rw----    1 root     cdrom     11,   0 May 19 17:28 /dev/scd0

> the problem with the hdd may be that you played with
> hdparm and set the wrong parameters; what kernel do you use?
> I remember the 2.4 kernel up until 2.4.2 had a problem with
> IDE driver; or maybe the hdd it tries to tell you that
> it's dying :-(

hdparm was not installed

kernelversion 2.2.19 (potato)
So it's dying? All I could remember when I installed that I had some
problems using it with Linux (Red Hat 6 at the time). I 've checked
the bios and all my drives have a smart function enabled. may this has
something to do with it?

Regards

Mark Lamers