Re: .vimrc

On Wed, Jun 06, 2001 at 12:17:27PM -0700, Mike Pfleger wrote:
| Hello.
|
| I followed the thread about setting tabs in vim, and I have a question
| regarding the syntax highlighting option.  How is the color mapping
| determined?  I find the blue to be horrid in my (black background)
| xterms.  Addtionally, since mutt runs in a xterm window, and uses vim
| to compose mail, it has that horrid blue hightlighting some lines of
| text in a reply mail.
|
| Is there a way to change this?  I have put that line:
|   set background=dark

This is the line you need.  Just be sure and put it _before_ the "syn
on" line (or put another "syn on" line after it).  That option tells
vim to use brighter colors so they contrast against the (nice!) black
background of your term or gui.  OTOH if you use a white background
(the gvim default) then you can't read them there.  I set the gui to
use a black background as well.

-D