Re: How to setup rsync system to keep copy of packages locally????

> Can someone help me and/or point me to a doc that describes how to setup a
> local debian package mirror using rsync?  I have looked at the man page for
> rsync, but am still clueless as to how to do it.

Well it depends on want you want. If you want just to mirror a few known
packages, the rsync command is enough. Tell what packages you want and
anyone can show you the correct syntax. If you want to mirror a
distribution you need to get a "partial mirror" script. A search on the
debian-cd list will give you severals or have a look at
"http://www.problemlos.ch/~otti/";. If you want to build a full debian
mirror, go to the mirror page of debian.org.

O. Wyss