Re: Strange problem with Plextor IDE-Drive W121032A

On Wed, Jun 06, 2001 at 11:19:39AM +0100, stimpy@totalise.co.uk wrote:
> On (26/05/01 20:31), Alex Suzuki wrote:
> > I have 2 IDE-Drives, one of them is a Plextor CD-Writer.
> > I cannot mount it as a user nor as root.
>
> I'm shortly going to be buying one of these drives myself and I found
> a possible solution to your problem at a Linux hardware site:-
>
> http://lhd.datapower.com/db/dispproduct.php3?DISP?1979

Thanks, but I already solved the problem. Just call
hdparm -d0 /dev/*wherever_your_drive_is*
to turn off DMA. That solved the problem for me.

Alex

--
Alex Suzuki | asuzuki@NOSPAMbluewin.ch | http://www.cynox.ch
To send me an email, remove NOSPAM from the above address