Re: logcheck gaps in time

On Mon, 4 Jun 2001, Alvin Oga wrote:

> hi ya jiji
>
> > - rebooted which should take care of cron / syslogd / logcheck.sh not running
> > - apt-get --reinstall install logcheck just in case
> > - hacker? that is my fear.  How can I find evidence that the @#$@ is in there?

   You may try the chkrootkit package.

   Something troubles me. IIRC you said that you received one mail per
hour whether there was something to report or not. This is not what I
get here: I get emails only when there's something to report. Did you
change something to the default configuration?

--
Francois Gouget         fgouget@free.fr        http://fgouget.free.fr/
                           La terre est une bêta...