From: shaulka@bezeqint.net [mailto:shaulka@bezeqint.net]
Sent: Tuesday, June 05, 2001 4:34 PM
To: Chapman, Matt
Cc: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Kernel upgrade.

On Tue, Jun 05, 2001 at 08:41:38AM -0400, Chapman, Matt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am running the sparc version potato..
>
> I changed my sources.list for apt to woody and was able to do a successful
> apt-get dist-upgrade
>
> Now how do I get the new kernel?
>
> -matt

With x86 architecture I would either

   apt-get install kernel-image

or

   apt-get install kernel-source

where one has to find the full name of the desired kernel-image and
kernel-source on packages.debian.org or by grep-available or similar
methods. I guess that this is similar with other architectures.
Of course when you get kernel-source you'll have to compile and install
the kernel yourself. kernel-package can help here a lot.

In case you knew all that, what exactly do you mean by
`how do I get the new kernel?'?

listmaster@lists.debian.org

--

	Shaul Karl <shaulka@bezeqint.net>

Hillel used to say: If I am not for myself who will be for me?
Yet, if I am for myself only, what am I? And if not now, when?
                                          (Ethics Of The Fathers 1:14)