Re: installing a debian system within another debian system

Daniel Kleine-Albers <dka@dka-edv.de> wrote:
>Hello together,
>
>i just wanted to know, if it's possible to install a seperate debian system
>within another debian system with the normal utilities like apt, dpkg and
>dselect. What i want to do is, to have a simple possibility to maintain my
>linux terminal server. The "mother" system ist the one the server runs on.
>And the "child" system should be the one the clients get to run on (ltsp
>root).

That's called a chroot. debootstrap (in testing/unstable, but I imagine
you could build it from source on stable without too much trouble) can
build one automatically for you, or you can grab
ftp://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/stable/main/disks-i386/current/base2_2.tgz,
untar it somewhere, and chroot into it.

Cheers,