Re: PCMCIA advice needed!

On Saturday 02 June 2001 01:46, vester wrote:
> hello,
>
> just a basic question about pcmcia...should i get the pcmcia source
> package and compile them myself or does the pcmcia-modules package
> basically provide for this?
>
> i compiled my kernel with pcmcia support

The pcmcia support in the 2.4 kernel replaces the pcmcia-modules, but it does
not work as good as the pcmcia-modules. The documentation recommends not to
compile pcmcia support in the kernel and use the old fashioned modules for
now. If there's a pcmcia-modules package for your kernel you can use it,
otherwise you must compile the modules from the pcmcia-source package.
If you have more problems you can ask the debian-laptop mailing list or look
at pcmcia-cs.sourceforge.net .