Re: Installation Problems

Hi,

Your hard disk is IDE? DO you know the name and make.
But in your case I suspect the problem with the floppy
disk. Try to use the best disk when you run rawwrite

or check the badblock fisrt.

TO make sure your computer is bootable in Linux you
can try loadlin provided that you can boot into DOS,
Pls fine loadlin some where in debian ftp server, put
it
like c:\loadlin.exe
And the kernel image I am not sure where to download
it may be some one has an idea, If you need I can send
you one made by me.) for example you save the kernel
image as the file c:\bzimage

Then at the dos prompt type
loadlin bzimage root=/dev/hda2

Just to check if the kernel is loaded. You will have
the error at last as /dev/hda2 is not a root partition
at the moment but you can watch if the kernel detects
everything. Please post the message that the kernel
inform.

If you need the kernel reply me.

Regards

--- Margarete Hans <whans@total.net> wrote: > I assume