Re: Unrecognized signatures

debian-user@lists.debian.org wrote:
>I'm using KMail for my mail (obviously). After I installed gnupg and
>set the keyserver option, I now have KMail automatically recognizing
>signed mail. Problem is, more often than not I get mail with the
>warning: "Message was signed by unknown key ID foo"
>
>I'm sure it's a gnupg problem (if at all). So the question, why are
>some signatures not recognized? Are all keyservers equal? If not, can
>someone point me to "good" keyserver?

Not all keyservers are equal at all, as far as I know ... the.earth.li
is run by a Debian developer, and is nice and fast. I *think* it's quite
complete as well, although I can't remember exactly. I know he's been
making efforts to get it as complete as possible.

keyring.debian.org exists if you need to check the signature of a
developer; I don't believe it has any other keys.

Cheers,