Re: abbreviations for non-native english speakers

On Thu, May 31, 2001 at 05:09:46PM +0200, Joerg Johannes wrote:
> Hi list
>
> As a non-native english speaker, I sometimes find it difficult to figure
> out, what some abbreviations mean. It took me rather long to find out,
> that "hth" means "Hope This Helps", and so on.
> Could some of you explain to me (and, I'm sure, to some others as well)
> what the FUA (Frequently Used Abbrevs) mean?
>
> ? IIRC
> ? AFAIK
> ? IMHO
> ? ...

it's not just that non-english people find these acronyms
baffling. everyone who first steps into a chat room or mailing
list like this is bound to wonder wtf? i sure did.

these are dreamt up by lazy typers as they go along -- and some
of them are used often enough that a quickie acronym will save
hours over a lifetime.

BYCMUYJTCP
(but you can alaways make up your own, just to confuse people.)

:)

--
DEBIAN NEWBIE TIP #22 from Will Trillich <will@serensoft.com>
: