Re: stop users telnet

hi ya Mike

setup /etc/hosts.allow  and /etc/hosts.deny

cat /etc/hosts.deny
	# turn everything off
	ALL: ALL

cat /etc/hosts.allow
	# allow only your ip#  to telnet in
	in.telnetd:	192.168.1.1 10.0.1.1

restart inetd for those changes to take effect

-- taking out in.telnetd in /etc/inetd.conf will deny all telnet
   connections

-- enter the ip# of those allowed to ssh into your server
   in the ssh config files

- cant prevent people from looking in /etc...
	- use "jail" or equivalent if thats an issue
	( nothing to hide in etc )

c ya
alvin