Re: Succes with Win4lin 3.0 on Potato?

Erik van der Meulen <e.van.der.meulen@avondel.nl> wrote:

> Those guys at Netravese do not support Debian (I wrote them about that).
> It requires some kernel patch and tweaks, I was wondering if anyone here
> has had a go at it yet. Any reports most welcome.

About a month ago, I tried win4lin on Debian, and got it running. I installed
their package over the Debian RPM, and got two problems. Netravers
helped me in both cases very well via E-mail. One issue was, that the
install script needed a small modification. Another problem was the
accessibility of the CDROM device (I had to change permission bits).

In the end win4lin seemed to work. Since win4lin version 2.0 had problems
with a Windows program that was important for me (the contact manager ACT), I
did not buy win4lin. However, the latest version, 3.0 should have
solved this problem, and therefore I am currently re-evaluating win4lin.

Regards,

Paul Huygen