Re: Window manager ....

On Thu, May 31, 2001 at 02:29:03PM +1000, Steve Kieu wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Anyone pls tell me how heavier the system resourses
> will suffer if I run sawmill wm versus icewm? My box
> only 35Mb RAM 100 Mhz CPU, ; icewm is good for all
> purpose (gnome compliant, light, nice looking and
> configure but not nice with netscape (see my last
> email :-) ). I have tested wmmaker but it is not fully
> gnome compliant.

I would give PWM a try if I were you -
http://www.students.tut.fi/~tuomov/pwm/

It is light and keyboard friendly.  I run gnome-terminal on it.  I don't
run a lot of gnome applications but I haven't had any trouble so far.
The deb at the site didn't work for me.  It has a nice feature, you can
load xterms and Netscape automatically in the same window.  I dumped
window maker for it.
kent

--
 From seeing and seeing the seeing has become so exhausted