Re: One For The Record Books

On Wed, May 23, 2001 at 03:56:03PM -0500, Andrew D Dixon wrote:
> This is just a little rave about the "customer service" that you get
> when you "buy" a Debian GNU/Linux distribution.
>
> At 16:29:21 (EST) on Wed, 23 May I posted a question "file types" to the
> list because I had a problem getting the LCD on the front of my box
> working.  I thought it was a tough question (how many times have you
> seen an lcd on a computer?), but FOUR MINUTES !!! later (15:33:35 CDT) I
> received a response that fixed the problem.
>
> It's gotta be some sort of record.

pooh. four minutes? hell, i've posted questions that haven't got
answered for nearly an hour. four minutes ain't no record.

heck, microso~1 can take DAYS before telling you that you're not
allowed to access that information, or to provide you with
technically correct but completely irrelevant information, or to
tell you that broekn behavior is by design.

oh, you're gawking at the other end of the spectrum... :)

i once got an answer that predated my question, but temporal
displacement notwithstanding, it was attributable to borked
clock settings.

--
DEBIAN NEWBIE TIP #25 from Will Trillich <will@serensoft.com>
: