ssh2 (open ssh) compiled for stable?

I have a firewall running Debian stable that I don't want to upgrade to
testing.  I see that Open SSH version 2.5.2 is in testing and unstable and
that 1.2.3 is the version in stable.  Am I correct in thinking that the
version for stable available at security.debian.org has the bug fixes
backportted to it?  Or are there bug fixes only available in the testing and
unstable versions?  If that is the case, is there a version of ssh 2.5.2
built for stable somewhere?

Thanks,
Bryan

--
Bryan K. Walton                        Network Operations Center Analyst
Berbee...putting the E in business	          http://www.berbee.com/