Re: VM problem

On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 05:28:18PM +0200, BURLET Frederic wrote:
| Hi,
|
| I have installed the Debian GNU/Linux 2.2 r1 on my machine. A few days
| after the installation I noticed some strange messages from the kernel
| (samples below) concerning the virtual memory (do_try_to_free_pages failed
| for...).
| If you have an idea of where the problem comes from please tell me.
| Informations about my system (/proc files)
| ------------------------------------------
| /proc/cpuinfo
|
| processor	: 0
| vendor_id	: AuthenticAMD
| cpu family	: 5
| model		: 6
| model name	: AMD-K6tm w/ multimedia extensions
| cpu MHz	: 233.867

I don't know what causes this, but I have seen it on one of my boxes
-- the i486 with 8 MB RAM (and 32MB swap).  I haven't seen it on the
AMD Duron (128MB RAM)

How much memory do you have on this K6?

(BTW, good job of including lots of possibly relevant information.
Including the /proc/cpuinfo from my box won't help because it doesn't
say anything -- I don't think the 486 family supports querying)

-D