Re: installing Window Manager

On Tue, May 29, 2001 at 12:25:36PM +0200, spider wrote:
> i wanted to run SAWMILL as window manager (im not using ximian so i couldnt
> install sawfish) on gdm.
>
> i did:
>     update-alternatives --config x-window-manager
>
> and then i chose SAWMILL as the window manager from the list.
>
> BUT:
> i thought i should edit a file, particularly .xinitrc or .xsession...
> i have ~/.xsession file and it has only one line: exec gnome-session.
>
> anyway i just want to know whether i did the right thing to have a window
> manager or i should have done it in a different way/
>
> thanks.

What I think you've done is change the sim-link x-window-mnager so that
it now points to sawmill, if you change the exec gnome-session line to
exec x-window-manager it should load sawmill

Don't worry that you couldn't install sawfish, there the same program, it has
just been renamed due to a nameing conflict (with what I don't know)

Cheers
Joel
--
No, Gates always knew the Internet was going to be important,
just as Oceania has always been at war with East Asia. ;)