Re: Free mail a/c that allows download of mail

I don't recall yahoo.com asking for my family secrets.  It's been awhile,
but I recall the procedure being relatively painless (and it's not like
they can check if I really live at 100 Wall St., NY while earning less
than $5000/year).

You have to accept their spam email in order to use pop/smtp - but it's
only about once/month - much better than other places out there.

Also, in yahoo's defense, their webmail is browseable even with lynx!

--ET.