Re: Sawfish (was: Upgrading to Testing)

cjw44@flatline.org.uk (Colin Watson) wrote:

|>                                                          sawfish
|> is a GNOME package and so depends on the entire world, so hang on a
|> second while I unravel what's going on ...

but but but but .....

Sawfish is indeed well-integrated (or integrable) with the GNOME
desktop environment; but it's meant to be a free-standing
window-manager (and a very nice one at that). That's the whole point
of it, in a way---the fact that it's independent of other environments
and so very customizable.

I use it (or rather, I use sawmill, since I don't want to upgrade to
testing because it hasn't got sawmill/fish), but I don't use GNOME at
all. Too bloated.

Oh well ...

Jim