From: jennyw
Sent: Sunday, May 27, 2001 10:11 AM
Subject: swapon: device or resource busy

I recently changed my partition table, and ended up recreating a swap partition.  Ever since then, I keep getting the error "swapon: device or resource busy".

This is after running mkswap -c /dev/hda3 (where the current swap partition is) and updating fstab:

/dev/hda3    none    swap    sw    0    0

I even created a new swap partition on /dev/hda7, added it to fstab, and also ran mkswap -c on it. Same thing.

Any suggestions as to what could be causing this error?

Thanks!

Jen