Re: Free mail a/c that allows download of mail

On Sun, 27 May 2001 23:47:22 +1000, Mark wrote:

> Is there any free mail accounts (like hotmail etc.) that allow you to
> download your mail so that you can read it with mutt say?  Instead of
> having to view it through the web browser when connected to the
> internet.
>
> I want something that you can use fetchmail or something similar to
> download the mail with.  Is there any that allow this?
>
> Thanks in advance.
> Mark.

I use gmx.net < http://gmx.net/ >.  They also allow you to use them as
your Smart Mailer using cram-md5 login.  I use masqmail to fetch my mail
from my gmx.net and another account and send all mail out through gmx.

Works great for me, but they do require that you fill out a questionaire.
No spam so far (three weeks)

--
Paul T. Wright <paul@cvanet.com>
-currently seeking employment-