Re: Free mail a/c that allows download of mail

On Sun, 27 May 2001 23:47:22 +1000
mdevin@ozemail.com.au wrote:

> Is there any free mail accounts (like hotmail etc.) that allow you to
> download your mail so that you can read it with mutt say?  Instead of
> having to view it through the web browser when connected to the
> internet.
>
> I want something that you can use fetchmail or something similar to
> download the mail with.  Is there any that allow this?

Yes. I use GMX which offers a POP3 mailbox and SMTP send facility as well
as web-based email. I use fetchmail to get my mail directly from GMX.

GMX is a German company based in Munich. The service is free. have a look
at www.gmx.co.uk.

--
Phillip Deackes
Using Progeny Debian Linux