Upgrading to Testing (was: Re: Ive been getting scanned...)

What are the proper lines to put in /etc/apt/sources.list to upgrade
from stable to testing?  I seem to recal someone on the list saying to
replace the lines for stable with:

deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian testing main contrib non-free
deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian unstable main contrib non-free

but this will also get packages from unstable, which I would prefer not
to do at this time.  If I do make these changes and do an 'apt-get
update/upgrade' then apt wants to upgrade 188 packages on my box, add 40
some packages and delete 11 packages.  If I only have the line for
testing in my sources.list then 'upgrade' only wants to change 7
packages and 'dist-upgrade' also updates only 7 packages and wants to
delete 3 others.  There is much that simply does not exist in testing
that is in stable and unstable.  I thought that testing was a complete
set of packages, but this does not seem to be the case.  Can anyone
explain exactly the way packages flow through the system, including when
a new release becomes stable?

--
Marc Shapiro			     "If you drink melomel every day,
m_shapiro@bigfoot.com		     you will live to be 150 years old,