RE: php4

I'm new to Debian, but I'm pretty familiar with freeBSD. I hope they're
similar... In my httpd.conf in freeBSD with apache 1.3.20+modssl+php4, the
following lines exist:

LoadModule php4_module        libexec/libphp4.so
<snip>
AddModule mod_php4.c
<snip>
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

This works fine for me. I tried commenting out the AddModule line, and it
asks me to save. Do you have this line in your httpd.conf?

I also noticed that you have
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php3
but in your DirectoryIndex you have an index.php, do you have/need an
Addtype to handle just ".php"?

Also, in my httpd.conf, php3 seems to be handled with this AddType:
AddType application/x-httpd-php3 .php3

Does your libphp4.so exist in /usr/lib/apache/1.3?

Hope this helps.

Ming