ppp connection

Hi,
I'm trying to configure my ppp in my new Debian 2.2 (well, I think these
developers guys can make more easy the installation ;-)
My modem is a lucent one and I use the appropriate package to install it.
I'm using the same script which worked perfectly in RH6.2.
Running "ppp-on" gives these messages:

/usr/sbin/pppd: The remote system is required to authenticate itself
/usr/sbin/pppd: but I couldn't find any secret (password) for it to use to
do so
/usr/sbin/pppd" (none of the avalaible passwords would let it use an IP
address)

Thanks for any suggestion how to establish my ppp connection.
Arian.

NetZero Platinum
No Banner Ads and Unlimited Access
Sign Up Today - Only $9.95 per month!