Re: boot system under unstable

Renai LeMay <renail@ausisp.net> wrote:
>the boot system and init scripts seem to have changed location upon upgrading
>to unstable, most importantly I can't find a rc.local.

I don't think there's been an rc.local for a long time ... create one
yourself and install symlinks to it. See update-rc.d(8).

>Can someone point me to a document describing the new boot system?

Like I say, it hasn't changed recently, certainly not between stable and
unstable. For documentation of the boot system, you could try:

  http://www.debian.org/doc/FAQ/ch-customizing.html#s-booting
  http://www.debian.org/doc/FAQ/ch-customizing.html#s-custombootscripts

... and, for developer-level documentation:

  http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch10.html#s-sysvinit

Cheers,