Re: installing galeon from rpms

On Sat, May 26, 2001 at 09:06:18AM +0000, Alexander Isacson wrote:
> Hello all.
>
> I'm wondering if anyone has tried installing mozilla 0.9 and galeon-0.10.6 from
> rpms?
> Since no debs exist to my knowlege I was planning to create some with alien.
> Which RPM pagackge should I should I choose?
> Compiling from source is somewhat of a hassle.

Hello Alex,

Christophe Barbe has made excellent debs including a patched mozilla 0.9 (fixes
tab crash) and galeon 0.10.6.
I quote:

>Hi all,
>
>I've made a debian package for galeon 0.10.6.
>This package is build against sid (aka unstable)(should certainly rebuild
>against other debian dists).
>It requires a patched version of mozilla 0.9.
>I've rebuild the kitame packages with this patch and you can apt-get it at
>the same url.
>
>Feedback is welcome.
>
>http://christophe.barbe.online.fr/debian/
>
>Christophe

note that it is __not__ yet apt-gettable, because the author is looking
for an ftp-host to support it (read the thread on galeon-user). You have
to download them manually and dpkg -i & apt-get -f install them.

Regards
Alex :)
--
Alex Suzuki | asuzuki@NOSPAMbluewin.ch | http://www.cynox.ch
To send me an email, remove NOSPAM from the above address