Hylafax

I want to use Hylafax to send & recieve files in a production environment.

Now, my experimentation with the version coming with Debian 2.2r3 ( 4.0x)has been almost a fiasco. It simply didn't work.

I resorted to Hylafax 4.1b3 downloaded from the Hylafax site and it is working reliably in sending faxes but I cannot read incoming faxes 6 times out of 10.

Now I've learned from a linux magazine that that this is cuased by a known incompatibility between hylafax and the libtiff 3.4 and 3.5 so that a patch is to be applied.

Needing Hylafax for my job, I want to start it all from scratch.

Is there anyone out there having experimented or better running a reliable hylafax version from Debian in stable, testing or unstable.

Please advice.

Vittorio

messaggio inviato con Freemail by superEva
http://www.supereva.it