Re: turning off exim on port 25

Yes, Exim will still deliver from the queue (there's a cron job to run
every 30 minutes), and exim will still send outgoing email if needed. I
use exim on any of my machines that will not be receiving mail for a
domain. By eliminating the smtp line from inetd.conf, I don't show up
with an active port 25 to tempt spammers. Output of cron jobs and the
like will still be passed on to my smarthost.

--Rich