Re: Newbie floppy disk access question

On Wed, May 23, 2001 at 10:20:42AM -0700, Abner Gershon wrote:
> I am trying to load a tar file driver from floppy
> disk. There is a file "floppy" in my root directory.
> This is empty. How do I find the file on my floppy disk?

You need to mount the floppy.  /floppy is an empty directory (not a
file) which is provided for use as a mount point.  If it is a
DOS-formatted floppy (typical for transferring a file from a Windows
machine), type 'mount -t msdos /dev/fd0 /floppy'.  Then you will see
the contents in /floppy.  See 'man mount' for more options.