Re: perl 5.6 potato

On Tue, 22 May 2001 11:20:06 +0200, Martin Würtele wrote:

> ** hi,
> **
> **  anyone tried to set up perl 5.6 on potato? it seems as it is the first perl
> **  that replaces all others instead of adding itself as /usr/bin/perl5.6.
> **
> **  any troubles i might face or does it install fine?

Hi!

I use perl5.6 on potato! My mailclient CSCMail is wirtten in perl and
works fine!

But be careful by upgrading the required packages. And you could need to
upgrade your libc6. I upgradet to glibc2.2.4 to use kernel 2.4.4 with
tools like modutils. But i think some perl5.6 packages needs glibc2.2.x.
So look first for the dependencies. You can do this on the debian
package searchangine. If you need to upgrade your libc6 you have to do
it at first. Otherwise you can't use tools like dpkg. It's very angry
if this will happens. So note: You need always a working perl, dpkg
needs it.

Timo