Re: Best way to move to 2.4 kernel?

David,

Thank you for your feedback.

I have run into a problem while trying to move from
2.2r2 -> Woody. Here are the steps that I took:

    * Install 2.2r2 (from CDROM)

    * apt-get update

    * apt-get upgrade

    * Edit /etc/sources.list to point to testing (not stable)

    * apt-get update

    * apt-get upgrade

    * Reboot (then things still work fine)

    * apt-get dist-upgrade

    * Then I get an error while it is trying to do the
    configuration / install step:

"Template parse error near "" at
/usr/lib/perl5/Debian/DebConf/Template.pm line 60, <TEMPLATES> chunk 3.

Any thoughts? Are these the steps that you took to move to Woody?

Regards,

Randy