Re: SMP machine hangs ofter

On Monday 21 May 2001 01:37 am, Lapo Luchini wrote:
> I've got a SMP machine (dual P2-266) and happily installed Debian over
> it ('testing' release, but with 'stable' I had the same problem): it
> hangs very often when using X windows.
> It 'hangs' the hard way: stopped mouse, keyboard not responding.
>
> It's a known issue or it's just me?
>
> Someone can give me some good advice? Or some mean to test the machine
> just in case it is a phisical fault randomly exploited only by X?

What's your video card and windowmanager? Does it hang at any particular
times? I had this problem with my r128 card and it took a kernel upgrade to
fix it, but it was only going down with GL. Windowmaker also took down my
system inexplicably where no other managers I tested did.

--
- David Nusinow
   krmt1984@ucla.edu