Re: small school: replacements for MS Word and Excel

On Sun, May 20, 2001 at 10:11:04PM -0400, Sean Morgan wrote:

> . . . WordPerfect or StarOffice, neither of these are as stable as
> Office on NT4.

I've never had SO or WP8 crash on me since I set up this system.
Granted, WP9 is incredibly unstable.

> The stability of the filesystem is also a major question, you'd
> have to use ReiserFS on everything as ext2 is no replacemnet for

This is frankly silly.  ext2 couldn't be more stable -- literally,
something that never fails is pretty hard to improve on.

Now, if NTFS has features you want, that would be something else, but
it isn't what you said.
Carl Fink		carlf@dm.net