Re: Two Problems

Sidney Brooks wrote:

> So far no luck.
>
> Neither lpd nor minicom is present on my official three disk set of Potato.
>
> I tried replacing ATZ with ATX3, they both dial and connect but never get
> on the internet.
>
> I have the same problem of not getting connected with gnome-ppp and kpp.
>
> --

Did you try to apt-get install them?

apt-get install lpd

apt-get install minicom

Anyway, I just ran magicfilterconfig and configured my printer about 5 minutes
ago. I ran into two problems, first my users never had permission to use lpd;
and second I never created the proper spool directory under /var/spool/lpd/

Try that and see if it helps :-D

Stef